Monday 15 December 2008

Joyful Reflections - ReSharper Scout

I’ve just found an excellent ReSharper plugin called Scout.  This lovely little beast will open Reflector when you choose Go to Declaration.  The thing I really love is that Scout also takes care of loading the appropriate assembly in Reflector.  I previously had to load the assembly in Reflector before I could browse it, which took time.  Scout makes this process seamless.

All you have to do is right click and select Go to Declaration:

Selecting the "Go to Declaration" menu item

Then you get taken to the item in Reflector and the correct assembly is loaded:

reflector

Scout will also take you to the Dotnet source code – but I haven’t got around to that yet!  You can find lots of other ReSharper plugin goodness here.

No comments: